MOLD IS TOTALLY NATURAL, BUT IN THE HOUSE, NOT SO MUCH!!
Although they naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors, it is important that it serves it positive purpose outside of your HOME!
Mold is found everywhere and can grow almost on any substance when moisture is present. They reproduce by spores, which are carried by air circulation.
WHY DOES IT EXIST?
Mold is part of the natural environment, part of the Kingdom Fungi–which makes neither plant nor animal, but something in between.
Purpose of this organism? Why does it even exist? Well, without it, we would quickly be overrun outside with leaves, bark, debris and other dead organic matter because molds whole reason for being is to break down organic matter.
Therefore, outside, mold is a friend of ours; however, some friends are better left outside and not invited into our homes. Because when mold is inside, IT DOESN’T STOP BREAKING MATTER DOWN.
It will keep working and reproducing unless we keep it under control.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
SERVPRO of Northwest Long Beach offers FREE INSPECTIONS, FREE STABILIZATION and CONFIDENTIALITY.