Fireworks and Fire Damage
This Independence Day, whether you're lighting up fireworks or the grill, here are some tips to ensure your holiday is safe. Use and share these tips to maximize the safety of you and your loved ones this 4th of July.
- Only use fireworks outdoors and away from buildings on a flat, level, fireproof surface free from debris.
- Read and follow all safety labels and instructions.
- Have a water supply and water bucket available at all times.
- Light only one firework at a time.
- Never place any part of your body directly over a firework.
- Never throw fireworks or light fireworks in your hands.
- Never pick up or try to re-ignite a firework that fails to light.
- Never carry fireworks in your pockets or shoot them from a container.
- Always have adults light fireworks. Keep all fireworks, including matches and lighters, away from children.
- Allow discharged fireworks to sit for at least 20 minutes before submerging them fully in water for at least 10 minutes. Dispose of drained products in a plastic bag.
Be Prepared. Be Safe. Be Responsible.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 562-506-4992