How to tell if Mold is present in your home
Mold is naturally found in our environment and from time to time it is typical that a household may encounter it within the dwelling.
Concerns may arise though if the discovery and root cause is not addressed since mold can continue to grow and spread as it eats away at organic building materials. Mold will not go away on its own. If the water source feeding the spores stops, they may go dormant but if moisture continues to be present the mold will continue to grow and spread. The recommended protocol of treatment is removal by an IICRC Certified mold remediation or restoration company like SERVPRO.
Smell – A constant or intermittent damp musty smell could be an indicator that mold is present. As it grows it emits a distinct odor that is worth investigating further as soon as possible.
Visibly Present – If fuzzy or colored patches pop up along a wall, baseboard or cabinet there is a possibility that the mold has come from within the wall cavity and that the unseen areas have a bit to a lot more, depending.
Circumstance – If you experienced water leaking, excess condensation, or flooding and see new staining or spots of mold around, you will want to call a qualified professional out for an inspection or send photos for a mold technician to review.
Testing – If no mold is visible but you experienced water damage, water leak, water spill, or flood and suspect that mold could be present, we can schedule a mold test for your property. Lab results are returned within a few days.
You can trust SERVPRO of Northwest Long Beach to assist with the microbial issues or water damages you are experiencing. Call now for more details. 562-506-4992