Business Fire Prevention Tips
Fires can have a devastating effect on your home or property. Regardless of the size or scope of the fire, it can lead to significant damage. Here are some tips to help prevent fire.
- Stay in the kitchen whenever something is frying, grilling or boiling.
- Keep flammable objects at least 3 feet away from the stove top
When heating your home:
- Never leave a space heater or a fireplace unattended. Make sure to turn off space heaters and extinguish all embers before leaving rooms.
Other leading home fire risks:
- Switch to flameless candles
- Electrical equipment is the third major cause of home fires and the leading cause of property damage.
How to make a fire escape plan:
- Have at least 2 exits of each room
- Establish a designated meeting area outside safe from the building.
Preventing fires at home is important year-round, but Fire Prevention Month serves as a great reminder that simple steps can make a big difference in keeping your family safe.
Do not hesitate to contact SERVPRO® if your home is affected by fire or smoke damage.